When We Are Closed
The surgery does not open at weekends; we do however have extended hours on a Monday evening from 6:30pm until 7:20pm, then on a Tuesday morning from 7:10am until 7:40am.
At the weekend from 6.30PM to 8AM, Derbyshire Health United have been commissioned by Erewash CCG to provide out-of-hours cover for our patients
If you require health information or advice, please simply call NHS's 111 service on 111
NHS 111 Service
NHS 111 is the free number to call when you have an urgent healthcare need. It directs you to the right local service, first time. It is available across the whole of England making it easier for you to access urgent healthcare services when you need medical help fast. It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days are year.
When should you call it?
- You need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- You don’t know who to call for medical help or you don’t have a GP to call
- You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service but are not sure which one is most appropriate; or
- You require health advice or reassurance about what to do next
How does it work?
- When you call 111 you will be assessed by fully trained advisers who are supported by experienced nurses and paramedics. They will ask you questions to assess your symptoms and give you the healthcare advice you need or direct you straightaway to the local service that can help you best.
- If the NHS 111 team think you need an ambulance, they will send one immediately.
For more information on emergency and urgent care services visit NHS Choices.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.